DWMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWMA

A canon free Soul Eater role-playing site

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Draw Now: 30 Easy Exercises For Beginners
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm by 

» Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am by keylaleigh

» Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm by Malverne

» Cybil is here!!
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm by Tacker

» Cybil (WIP)
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm by Cybil

» Mission: Millennium Bug
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am by Malverne

» Mission: El Chupacabra
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm by Malverne

» ...Right. Partners. I need one.
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm by Ren Nakai

» Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm by Malverne

Most active topics
The Brawl of the Soloists Ralph vs Dunto
Homeroom: Day 1
Practical Applications: Day 1
Ralph's shack, The mysterious noises?
Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Dunto New Man on the Block!!!
The Painter of DWMA
Calcifer Halt - Cold Hearted Machine
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 55 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 am

Rash, Rushed, Ren!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren Nakai

Ren Nakai

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Behind the Role Player!

How you found us: Another player

Any Other Users: Not yet
RP Length: Maybe a year now. I don't pay much attention

Character Sheet

Name: Ren Nakai
Nickname: Ren
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Type: Meister
Position: Student

Picture: Avatar picture may have to do for now...
Appearance: Well, let's start from the top... Medium, spiky brown hair, always in a small ponytail. His eyes are colored an odd silver-gray, as opposed to common shades. Never seen without one of his self-customized sleeveless hoodies, which he sews himself. He usually only wears a sleeveless shirt underneath, unless he is extremely cold (in which case he will wear a T-Shirt). Both of his arms have an almost serpentine in design tattoo, just above his elbows. He often has bandages on his wrists, for various reasons (sewing most often). He'll usually try to match his pants with his hoodie of the day, and will wear anything from khaki pants to jeans. Standard black and gray sneakers finish his outfit.

Personality: Hyper, spacious, and rash are three perfect words to describe Ren. Due to his ADD and ADHD, Ren has vast amounts of energy that he will tend to use on whatever catches his attention at the moment. If he's doing something he loves or gets worked up, however, Renn will pour all of that energy into the task at hand. As much as a blessing as this sounds, it can also be a curse due to his short temper, little patience, and tendency to rush into almost everything he does. This means that he is also very brave, and is convinced that he can work his way out of any problem. As such, he can also be very gullible. Despite all of his shortcomings, however, Ren is very loyal, reasonably kind, fierce, and will back up anyone he admires without question. The only times when Ren will appear even relatively calm is when he is doing anything related to his sewing or cooking.

Fighting Stlyle: Offense first, and almost always. Indifferent to his opponents, Ren will stand up to any challenge, without fear. Unless his partner is in danger, Ren won't consider backing down for a second. He is also a decent strategist, and very observant in a battle. Fighting is probably one of his only strong points.

Abilities: As a fighter, Ren is accurate and strong. He can quickly make decisions, and is reasonably tact. The one thing that stands out the most about Ren however is his amazing soul wavelength; Ren has an anti-demon wavelength (he is extremely resistant to madness, and can pass this resistance to others), and an enormous one at that. Ren is not aware of how special this is, however, and has no idea how to properly utilize his wavelength at this time. Ren is very bad at concealing his wavelength, and often wastes a lot of energy.

If Ren get's incredibly angry, and can't hold back his emotions, Ren's wavelength will grow outward and decimate everything near him. This will put him in a critical state, however, leaving his wavelength completely drained and him incredibly injured. This cannot be triggered intentionally, and Ren has no memory of using the move after he uses it. He has no idea that it even exists. The wavelength grows out slowly however, and is predictable as everything around him will begin to burn and turn to ruin.

Special Notes: Ren is very skilled at sewing and cooking, and will often not be opposed to requests (unless he's mad at you or dislikes you). He especially loves baking pastries and making sweets. He is also very good at judging distance and sizes, which allows him to sew for people he hasn't even met.

Likes: Games of any kind, sewing, cooking, sugar and sweets, a good fight
Dislikes: Schoolwork, being told what to do, jerks, sitting still
Strengths: Courage, fighting skill, wavelength size
Weaknesses: Rashness, overconfidence, difficulty controlling wavelength
Hobbies: Sewing, "creative" cooking and baking, table top and strategy games

History: There are some things that live inside Death City that are darker than any Evil Human or Witch. Things that have hearts, that seem innocent, but really are just as evil as a Kishin. In other words, Ren's parents. Born into a wealthy family, Ren was the youngest of five siblings. With almost no time to care for the children, Ren was often left alone with his siblings, who ignored him for other matters. Somehow, he survived long enough for his soul wavelength to develop strongly. It was around the age of ten that Ren was kicked out onto the streets. He had no idea what happened, either. One moment he was very upset at his parents, yelling at them for never being there for their children, for practically abusing them. The next moment, the room was a wreck, three of his siblings were dead, and Ren felt as if he was going to die as well. And that was before he was tossed out the door.

Ever since then, Ren has taken care of himself. Anything he's needed to survive, he has stolen. After stealing a needle and some thread, he quickly found out that he was quite skilled at sewing, and quite the designer. It wasn't long until he made his first sleeveless hoodie, and was recognized for it. In fact, he often heard himself referred to as the "sleeveless thief".

In time, Ren grew used to being a run away and a loner. Although he was offered a spot in some "alley cat" group, Ren turned it down. He didn't want them getting blamed for his thievery. Instead, he observed from afar. He would often sew clothing for the members, as gifts from an anonymous source.

Around the time he was 16, close to 17, Ren had quite the negative reputation built up. He was skilled at defending himself, and began to fight back rather than run away. In most cases, he was correct in assuming that he was capable of winning any fight. It was not long before the DWMA was informed of his trouble making. It was also not long before Ren was beaten by a team from DWMA, and brought back to the school. After being shown to Lord Death, and being deemed "Full of potential!~" Ren was enlisted as a student; more specifically, a meister. Although he fought it at first, Ren soon began to enjoy being within the school; it definitely beat living on the streets. Over time, Ren grew close to people again as well, willing to make friends rather than try to stick to his loner lifestyle.

Last edited by Ren Nakai on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey! First off, my name's Mal, and welcome to DWMA! I'm the one that you'll start off hating, because of this very post, wherein I tear your character to shreds critique your character.

Okay, most of this seems good. Good job on the history; that's where a lot of people need to fix stuff. I have two things that I'm going to ask you to change, though.

First is your weaknesses. These are supposed to be three things that actively put you at a disadvantage in combat. Rashness is a good one, but a short attention span, unless you give me a reason it's a problem, isn't. Temper...it's a gray area. These things are easy enough to fix though; I have faith in you.

Second, and more importantly, is the abilities section. I would not call thatSoul-Temperment an ability, but I understand why you put it there, so that's not a huge issue. I only bring it up because it's just a strange thing to name, and I just wouldn't call it a move. More important than that is the other two things. You say that Ren has an anti-demon wavelength, and he's got this soul move. Pick one. If you pick the anti-demon wavelength, okay, that's said and done. If you pick the needle and thread move, you'll need to change it, because creating a physical force through a soul wavelength is not a student-level technique. I'd recommend using Black Star's move, which would be believable considering Ren has a powerful wavelength.

So...yea. Let me know when you've fixed those, or if you have questions, and I'll look over it again when you're ready.

And again, welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ren Nakai

Ren Nakai

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey, thanks for getting to me tonight! I'll fix it up ASAP, and reply again when it's done.
Back to top Go down
Ren Nakai

Ren Nakai

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh, and I forgot one question. If I am to keep the Soul-Temperament (which i'm fine with removing if need be), where would you like me to move it?
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 pm

No, it's fine where it is, I just wouldn't give it a specific name, because it's less of a move and more of a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ren Nakai

Ren Nakai

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Alrighty, cleaned things up a bit!
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Alright, you're good! Feel free to start roleplaying. Start a thread if you want, find a partner, go on a mission, anything really.

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi1fHXSLW9GfVPLeYP6noBgavUbmyTi_IVJtPBu9gIUHDadtBP
Back to top Go down
Ren Nakai

Ren Nakai

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Cooly.

Thanks again for getting to me tonight as well!
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Bah, not a problem. I only have a few metric tons of homework to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rash, Rushed, Ren! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rash, Rushed, Ren!   Rash, Rushed, Ren! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DWMA :: Formalities :: OCC-
Jump to: